Why Are You Arguing Against Gay Marriage?
- Because It Will Destroy The Traditional Meaning of Marriage: I think you will find that actual 'traditional marriage' was a woman's father signing over ownership of her to the husband that he has picked out. Thank god we have moved on from such outdated 'traditions', right?
- The Bible Says It's Wrong: The bible doesn't actually say anything about gay marriage. It does however say that you shall not wear clothing of mixed fabrics (Deuteronomy 22:11), guess we're all going straight to hell!
- Because Being Gay Is Unnatural: Homosexuality is found in over 450 species. Homophobia is only found in one- i think it is clear which is more unnatural.
- Because Gay Men Are Sexual Predators: Male rape is most commonly committed by heterosexual men (McMullen 1990). Better keep your back against that wall for the rest of your life!
- Because Gay Sex Is Disgusting: If you have ever jerked off to a little bit of girl on girl action or if you have ever had heteronormative anal sex then your argument is immediately invalid.
- Because Gay People Are Icky: Well.. At least you're honest but i personally find homophobics icky and you're still allowed to get married.
- Because Innocent Children Might Re-enact Gay Marriage Scenes At School And It Will Turn Our Kids Gay: You're really more comfortable with children acting out gun fights than acting out a display of love? Pretending to be gun-touting criminals doesn't turn children into gun-touting criminals. Pretending to be a pony doesn't turn children into ponies. Heck, how many LGBT people re-enacted heteronormative marriages when they were kids? You should really look up the definition of 'pretend'.
- Because I'm a Dick: Glad you admit it.
- .... : Exactly.
Even though i’m really tired, instead of sleeping i’m staring at a glowy screen and listening to techno dance music. On top of the coffee I drank at 9:00 … hmm, this seems like a series of bad choices.
i’m hungry but i’m so tired i’m just sitting here trying to will some food to travel to the living room so i don’t have to get up.
i wanna respect everybodys opinion but some peoples opinions are just so terrible
#i’m not going to respect anyone’s shitty opinions
I respect that.
Show us your #bestofchi on Instagram
(Photo submitted by @elbelle15)
Next Thursday, our 2013 Best of Chicago issue hits the stands and lots of the things you (and we) think made Chicago great this year will be honored. It’s going to be good. We promise. In the meantime, we want readers to think more abstractly about what’s best in our city. Or at least more visually.
Show us YOUR Best of Chicago, as imagined on Instagram. Using the tag #bestofchi (our all-purpose tag on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook now, I suppose), share pictures you think represent a best aspect of the city. Yeah, the skyline’s great, but be creative. Submissions that use the Kelvin filter will automatically be disqualified (just kidding).
We’re going to pick a favorite, and the winner gets a pair of three-day passes to Pitchfork. The three-day passes that are otherwise sold out.
— Tickets to our June 27 Best of Chicago Bash at Metro are on sale now (and they’re only $12 for the next two days). Celebrate with the winners and runners-up while Twin Peaks, Nootka Sound, and DJ E-SIX of the Crossfader Kings make music.
— We’re going to roll out a dozen winners in advance of the issue’s publication, but to find out who they are you have to follow us on Twitter. So if you’re not already doing that, you should: @Chicago_Reader.
three geminis out of five in that band… whew.